Ethics, Governance and Transparency
Dialogue, transparency and active player in the participation and conduction of sector topics and topics of global interest that encourage commitments and cooperation agreements for sustainable development. Ensure the highest standards of corporate governance, aiming at full integrity and robustness of the company’s internal controls and processes and the ethical, integral and transparent conduct of all our stakeholders.
Total number of employees that the anti-corruption policies and procedures have been communicated to, by region
wdt_ID Total number of employees that the anti-corruption policies and procedures have been communicated to, by region¹ 2019 2020 1 North 936 330 2 Northeast 4,149 4,010 3 Midwest 1,757 2,010 4 Southeast 6,537 7,010 5 Abroad 281 127 6 Total 13,742 13,559 7 South 82 72
All company communications regarding Compliance are sent to all employees, including leaders and managers. Furthermore, anti-corruption training is available on the company’s internal training platform, UniverSuzano, and is mandatory for all employees, providing information on the policy and guidelines that must be followed at Suzano in relation to this topic. Also, as a complement to anti-corruption dissemination, we also provide specific and customized training to the various audiences identified as sensitive for the company, i.e., those who are at higher risk of involvement with corruption.
The means of communication available and used to disseminate the Anti-Corruption Policy guidelines within the company were:
- Notices: Within the company, the Internal Communication area centralizes and sends the information considered relevant at corporate level and makes it available via its own email layouts.
- TV: Our administrative units have TV sets that are left on during employees’ working hours. They disclose topics of relevance to the company, such as the anti-corruption guidelines and the launch of new training related to this topic.
- Videos: Exclusively on the topic of Code of Conduct and Anticorruption Law, videos prepared by the same agency that conducted the construction of our training sessions were made available. These materials are also available in our internal communication channel.
- Rádio Florestal (Forestry Radio): In order to reach our forestry audience that does not use a computer as a working material, we started recording our main content and some excerpts from our mandatory training on our Forestry Radio, in order to also disseminate this topic at the front of our operations.
- Bulletin board: In the lounge/relaxation areas, we usually leave a bulletin board with printed notices. The People and Management and Communication teams update it weekly with the main news released that week, including our internal anti-corruption measures.
- Workplace: A communication platform launched in 2020 so that everyone at Suzano can access company news via computer or cellphone, also used to disseminate the topic of anti-corruption.
- Chat with Leaders: Communications with specific language are sent to the leaders, encouraging them to disseminate the information received and discuss the topic with their team.
- Advanced onboarding: All new employees, on their first day at the Company, go through an “advanced onboarding” process, in which they participate in lectures and attend presentations on various topics of importance to the company, including our training in the Code of Conduct and Anti-Corruption Law.
- Advanced onboarding for interns: All of our interns, during their internship period, receive corporate training on the main topics of interest to the company. One such training is Compliance, which addresses the principles of our Code of Conduct and guidelines on the Anti-Corruption Law (both nationally and internationally).
- Refund: In order to request each refund in the tool we use for this purpose, employees must state that they know and agree with the ethical principles in our Code of Conduct and with the guidelines in our Anti-Corruption Law.