Human Capital

Strengthening of a high-performance culture and well-being of our employees based on integrated and dynamic people management processes that take into account aspects such as meritocracy, career development, knowledge management, diversity, inclusion, quality of life and human rights, among other factors.

Related indicators
  • Filtrar por categoria

  • Filtrar por tag

  • Use of parental leave by gender

    Change view:

    • wdt_ID Use of parental leave by gender 2018¹ - Men 2018¹ - Women 2018¹ - Total 2019¹ - Homens 2019¹ - Mulheres 2019¹ - Total 2020² - Homens 2020² - Mulheres 2020² - Total
      1 Total number of employees that were entitled to parental leave 297 64 361 418 76 494 416 67 483
      2 Total number of employees who took parental leave 297 64 361 418 76 494 416 67 483
      3 Total number of employees that returned to work in the reporting period after parental leave ended¹ 290 59 349 424 73 497 418 77 495
      4 Total number of employees that returned to work after parental leave ended that were still employed 12 months after their return to work² n/a n/a n/a 262 52 314 390 69 459
    1. The number of employees who returned to work in 2019 is higher than the number of employees who left in the same year, since it also includes employees who took leave of absence in 2018 and returned only in 2019. Due to the fact that we started operating as Suzano S.A. as of January 14, 2019, we do not have the history of how many employees returned to work after parental leave in 2017 and who were still employed 12 months after returning to work in 2018 while we were still operating as two separate companies (Suzano Papel e Celulose e Fibria). 2. The numbers for 2020 include the sum of the professionals who were entitled to take a leave of absence in 2019 and returned in 2020, as well as the professionals who were entitled to take the benefit in 2020 and returned in the same year. It should be noted that there is a balance of employees who took a leave of absence in 2020 and will return only the following year. Based on this explanation, we have the following: (i) In 2020, 416 men were entitled to take a leave of absence. Of these, 398 left and returned in the same year (95.7%) and the remaining 18 (4.3%) are expected to return in 2021. The final number of men who returned to work in 2020 includes the 398 who left and returned in the same year and those who left in 2019, but returned only in 2020 (20 professionals). (ii) In 2020, 67 women were entitled to take a leave of absence. Of these, 36 left and returned in the same year (53.7%), and the remaining 31 (46.3%) should return only in 2021. The final number of women who returned to work in 2020 includes the 36 who left and returned in the same year and those who left in 2019, but returned in 2020 (41 professionals).