Value Chain (suppliers and customers)
Understanding the needs and potentialities of our customers, with the purpose of offering sustainable products and solutions, through a relationship that favors long-term connections. Supplier management in accordance with the company’s social and environmental criteria, aiming at the development of local suppliers and the reduction of adverse impacts throughout the value chain.
Critical Supplier Identification
In Suzano, every wood supplier is considered critical, because if there’s a lack of sustainable-sourced wood there’s no production (non-substitutable suppliers). Besides, there’s another category of supplier we consider “critical”: any supplier whose inputs, raw materials, and services have a potential to generate significant impacts on the capacity or quality of products, process performance, the safety of teams and equipment, the health of our teams and the integrity of equipment.
wdt_ID Critical supplier identification, by type of supplier, in 2020 Absolute number of suppliers Share of total procurement spent (%) 1 Total tier 1 suppliers¹ 11,358 100 2 Critical tier 1 suppliers² 1,072 45 3 Critical non-tier 1 suppliers 0 0
1. Number of suppliers contracts for supplies in 2020, including wood suppliers.
2. Critical tier 1 suppliers: We consider the following numbers for the calculation of Critical tier 1 suppliers:
– Critical wood supliers: 614 suppliers;
– Critical tier 1 other suppliers: 458 suppliers;
– Total critical tier 1 suppliers: 1.072 suppliers. Total spending with these suppliers: R$ 9.041.493.371,60;
– Total spending with suppliers in 2020: R$ 184.108.40.2060,12;
– Share of total procurement spent with Critical tier 1 suppliers: 45%.