Results of Volunteer initiatives
Related Material Issues
wdt_ID Volunteer initiatives 2019 2020 1 Total number of volunteer initiatives 23 56 2 Volunteer hours donated 14,945 3,345 3 Volunteer hours during working hours 5,930 886
In 2020, due to the pandemic, in-person volunteer activities had to be moved online. The number of volunteer initiatives increased; however, independent initiatives were not recorded as volunteer hours, since we have no traceability in the processes independently developed by the employees.
Therefore, hours were recorded only for the following institutional initiatives: Formare (hours referring to the active months of 2020) | Suzano at School (The Future of Work, Girl For It-My First Website and JA Startup – considering the volunteer hours reported by our partner in the Junior Achievement project) and Gente que Transforma ENEM (People Who Transform – ENEM) (considering the hours provided in the report by the volunteers and collected by our partner in the Instituto Joule project).
The only activity impacted during the pandemic was the beginning of Formare classes at the Suzano, Mucuri, and Imperatriz units. However, the Iochpe Foundation moved the selection process to an online version that we are going to adapt in the first quarter of 2021. Even though there are no classes in progress, our efforts focused on hiring young graduates. Thus, in 2020 alone we hired 63 graduates (January to December).
It is worth mentioning that 8 young graduates from Formare at the Mucuri Unit were hired by the new Tissue unit located in Cachoeiro do Itapemirim (Espírito Santo state), upholding our commitment to enable young people to join our operations in the various regions where we operate.
- 30 Mucuri Unit (8 young people trained at the Mucuri unit were hired for the new operations in Cachoeiro do Itapemirim – ES)
- 19 Imperatriz Unit
- 13 Suzano Unit
- 1 Limeira Unit
Basis for calculating hours dedicated to institutional initiatives
- Formare – 360 hours
Hours of activities performed by the classes that ended their activities between January and March 2020. Given the pandemic, we suspended our in-person activities in Formare, preserving the health and safety of young people, which led to a significant drop in the number of hours in this initiative.
- Suzano at School – 2,952 hours
- The Future of Work (2,256 hours): considering the calculation basis by program, with data reported by Junior Achievement (8 hours x 282 volunteer participations)
- Girl For It-My First Website (406 hours): considering the calculation basis by program, with data reported by Junior Achievement (14 hours x 29 volunteer participations)
- JA Startup (290 hours): considering the calculation basis by program, with data reported by Junior Achievement (10 hours x 29 volunteer participations)
- Gente que Transforma ENEM (People Who Transform – ENEM) – 33 hours
Considering the hours provided in the report by the volunteers and collected by our partner in the Instituto Joule project. The project started in December and is scheduled to end in February 2021, so the hours refer only to volunteer work in December 2020.In addition to these initiatives, the Voluntariar program promoted 4 events (totaling 6 hours), with 474 volunteer participations and 2,844 hours dedicated | (Volunteering and its Possible Ways of Action, Way Beyond Good Deeds Guide, The Power of Volunteering, and the Voluntariar Happy Hour), totaling 6,189 hours of volunteer participation.